Thursday 8 December 2011

reserch and planning for a student magazine: coverline

"Coverline" is a student magazine that allows and gives students from the age of  16 to 19 oppotunities to be active by hosting compititions and giving out advices.
The name "Coverline" was brought about when i was looking at other magazines and saw their coverlines; which were very catchy,so, i dicided to name my magazine "coverline". coverline also reminds me of an insurance which i think every education should have in a sense that every student needs a back up plan

Reserch: magazine 1:magazines such as "Aspire" appeal to student as every student (in collge)should have aspirations.

 Layout: aspire includes an image of a college student: being very relaxed, she is layed on the grass which again stresses on the fact that she is very happy and relaxed.
Colour scheme: this magazine includes colours such as; pink, light blue, green, white, black, black. all these colours have been used to make the magazine much more colourful. multiples of colours have been used to appeal to the stereotypical teenager; who soppossedly love colours.
coverlines: the coverlines on this student magazine includes: "LITTLE BIT EXTRA more discounts than ever before with NUS", "GET STARTED from essays to bus routes", "Tis spooky!, halloween......" All these coverlines have been directed to very specific target audience- college students, who worry about quick and esay bus routes, dead lines, essays and abbreaviations ("Tis)





















Reserch: magazine 2:
Live magazine (in my opinion) is the "typical" teens magazine. i have .included it in my reserch as it shows me what a typical teenager is interestd in, what coverlines they find most appealable and figure out it (they) could be included in my magazine
eg: "ESSAY COMPITION.... prize? a chance to meet tinie temper!"
due to my reserch, i have noticed that alot of teens are intersted in meet celebrities.
Layout: Live magazine includes a meduim shot of a young man, with a camcorder.






My Magazine Planning:
The name of my student magazine is coverline, i have chosen "coverlin" becauwse it expresses a scence of assurance and securance which every student need.

My selling line is: "the only insurance for your student life" this selling line ; just like live magazine, relates with the target audince as it connects to both the target audience and the magazine name.

 Coverline: "a chance to meet tinie tempah", "win a trip to barcelona for a singing lesson with beyonce, all for free", 300 n 1 ways to strive for your goals", "join the get that job campagne", "tips for your future". All these covelines all apply to the target audince as well as the age group. they all link to "what all teenagers like"
(stereotypicaly).
Abbreviations and names such as; Beyonce, 300 n 1 and Tinie tempah all attract youths (students)
My main Coverline: "300 n 1 ways to strive for your goals" i have chosen this coverline as my main coverline as it is both appealingn to youths and students. it connects to exactly what students want to know. 

Main Image: my main image is a picture of a young college student sitting with a book. this image has been shot as a high angle shot, which could connect a sense of aspiration.
The image of a student immediatly appeals to the tartget audince as it relates to their age group.

The background of my magazine is black: this is  a mis en scence of a chair as the student sits on it. the chair is black to ensure tht the attntion is donated to the main image which is the student.

Layout: My magazine would comply to all the normal norms of makin a magazine. my barcode would be placed on the lower left of the magazine.  my issue date would be placed on the upper left of the magazine.
my selling line would be placed right underneath my mask head. it would be writen in a pencil  hand writing, to make it look very ordinary but yet make a statement, as it is written in white.
most of my coverlines would be placed on the left hand side of my magazine, i have done this to enable my magazine took much more spacious than it is. i have place one coverline on the right hand side of my magazine, i have also done this to avoid both sides of my magazine to look crowded.

Colour Scheme: the two main colours of my magazine are light brown and white. i have chosen these two colours as they compliment each other without compromising each other.
I have also chosen light brown and white due to the fact that neither of them are stereotypied. i would also be using and extra colour which is brown: to help to add a bit more adverse to the colour scheme.

Fonts: I have included three main fonts on my magazine and they are: pencil writting- which is quite simple but yet stands out. i have also used Comic San MS and Engravers MT: these two fonts are also very simple but yet very bold as they both stand out.






Draft copy of my magazine:
This would enable me to be able to make specific decisions on my magazine














No comments:

Post a Comment